Wednesday, January 6, 2010

An explanation. Or two.

So, I've started this blog, and posted information that I had sent to a few people earlier, back when I was scared, but didn't truly think any of this would turn out to be cancer.

But, today became a day that I will never, ever, forget.  I was told that I have cancer.  Typing that last sentence was exhausting.

So, I thought that by starting a blog that Dave or I will post updates on, it might be an easy way for people to keep up with details if you'd like to.  You can follow the blog, or just check up on it when you feel like it.

You might wonder why I called it Taste and See.  It's based on Psalms34, verse 8 (thus the web address).

Taste and see that the LORD is good;
blessed is the man who takes refuge in him.

I've thought a lot about Psalms 34 during the last year or so.  You can read the whole thing here.  I have 2 other favorite verses, v4-5:
I sought the LORD, and he answered me;
       he delivered me from all my fears.

 Those who look to him are radiant;
       their faces are never covered with shame.

Then, just a few verses later, I'm invited to "taste and see that the Lord is good." 

Well, right now, I have fears - lots of them.  I need deliverance from the Lord.  And, right before getting The Phone Call today, I told God I'd trust him to carry me through whatever he already knew was going to happen to me (good luck following that sentence...).  So, I'm going to take the challenge.  I'm going to take refuge in the Lord, and see that He is Good.

One more time...
Taste and see that the LORD is good;
blessed is the man who takes refuge in him.

No comments:

Post a Comment