Wednesday, January 6, 2010

Horrible news.

From an email sent Wednesday, Jan 6th:
Thanks to all of you who have been so encouraging thus far - it's meant so much.  The procedure on Monday was painful, but went ok.  Then we had to sit around and wait for the results.....

The procedure was successful on removing the spot they found on my left breast, and the matter was found to be non-cancerous.  That's the good news.  However, the biopsy on the right side came back as cancer.  I meet with the surgeon on Friday to find out how much they'll remove, and when.  Everything else will depend on what they find in surgery.  The surgery to remove it will probably happen in the next couple of weeks. They said the lump is very small, and that's really good. 

So, I officially have breast cancer.  I'm only beginning to process that.  But, for everyone who will keep praying with me, here's a few requests:

1.  That the cancer will be self-contained.
2.  That they will be able to remove only the lump (ie, avoid a mastectomy)
3.  That it will not have spread to my lymph nodes (I don't full understand the implications of that, but I know it's a big deal)
4.  Peace of mind.  We are both so overwhelmed.
5.  That details would come together.  I just started a new job, and have a piano studio that I will need to figure how to deal with in regards to surgery schedules and such.   Taking time off will be necessary, but isn't a simple task at this point in my life/job status.

God has continually made his  presence known  - through support from some of you, and bringing verses to mind throughout the day.  One set of verses that I've particularely meditated on is Psalm 34:1-8.  I copied it below, in hopes that you guys can enjoy it too.

Thank you in advance for your prayers.

Love,
Kelli & Dave
Psalm 34

 1 [a] I will extol the LORD at all times;
       his praise will always be on my lips.
 2 My soul will boast in the LORD;
       let the afflicted hear and rejoice.

 3 Glorify the LORD with me;
       let us exalt his name together.

 4 I sought the LORD, and he answered me;
       he delivered me from all my fears.

 5 Those who look to him are radiant;
       their faces are never covered with shame.

 6 This poor man called, and the LORD heard him;
       he saved him out of all his troubles.

 7 The angel of the LORD encamps around those who fear him,
       and he delivers them.

 8 Taste and see that the LORD is good;
       blessed is the man who takes refuge in him.

No comments:

Post a Comment