Saturday, February 13, 2010

First shot done, at least 19 to go.

Well, I gave myself the first shot.  Let's just say I would not make a good drug addict, I don't like those needles at all!  But, my mom cheered me on, refused to do it for me when I said I couldn't do it, and helped me get up the courage to just do it.  So, it took awhile, but now I know I can do it tomorrow (though I'm still dreading it!).  Thanks Mom!

My parents have been with us again this weekend, and we've been so thankful for their help.  Not only have they gone to appointments with us and helped us keep track of medicine and such, but they've helped us get caught up on things and get things done that we run out of energy to deal with during the week. 


Aside from that, chemo has not left me feeling very well.  I have felt pretty nauseous, but the arsenal of drugs that they prescribed have helped a lot.  My face is also really flushed, so I look weird. :)  I'm not as tired because of the steroids they put me on, but every time I move a new wave of nausea hits, so that's a little frustrating.  I am, however, very thankful to have the first chemo injections done with, because now I know what to expect a little bit more next time I go, and it won't be quite so terrifying.  This first one is supposed to be the worst, because 1, the unknown factor is terrifying, 2, your body isn't used to it at all, 3, I'm still recovering from surgery.  Also, I am still dreading going bald, and that will only be something to dread this first round.  That will probably happen late next week.

We're getting very tired, but are holding on to Christ for our hope, our strength, and our comfort.  A friend left a comment on an earlier post, and included a verse I have been really holding on to the last couple of days:

Isaiah 43:2-3 "When you pass through the waters, I will be with you; and when you pass through the rivers, they will not sweep over you. When you walk through the fire, you will not be burned; the flames will not set you ablaze. For I am the Lord your God, the Holy One of Israel, your Savior.

I read it right before going into chemo, fell asleep last night thinking about it, and it's been going through my mind today.  No matter what, God is right next to me, and that's why I can keep going.  When I pass through cancer, and surgeries, and chemo, and shots, God will be with me.  He is the Lord MY God, the Holy One of Israel, MY Savior. 

That's His promise to me, and I know He will be faithful to keep His word.  Praise the Lord for that!

No comments:

Post a Comment