Friday, October 15, 2010

The Heart of Adoption: Intro

Over the next few weeks, or even months (we'll see how long this goes!), I'd like to share articles, personal thoughts, and Bible verses that explain the heart of adoption.  Those of you who have been reading this blog for awhile know that we are not able to have children biologically.  Sometimes, it seems that people think that if you can't have biological children, at least there's plan B - adoption.  (Sigh). 

However, that's not how we see it at all.  We have wanted children for years at this point, but from the beginning, we have believed and trusted that God already knows our children.  For us, adoption is not the option we're "settling" for, it's the next step on the path that God has for our family, and we're excited.  I would be dishonest if I said that I'm not disappointed that I'll never experience pregnancy, or that I'm not curious to see what a combination of Dave's and my DNA would look like.  I am.  However, we believe that adoption is a part of God's heart for the world, and that it is a reflection of our own relationship with Him.  And, above all, our desire is for His will to be done in our lives, and for our family to glorify Him.  For our family, we believe that includes adoption.

To that end, I'll be sharing more in what will be my first "official" series: The Heart of Adoption. 

Stay tuned!

No comments:

Post a Comment