Saturday, April 21, 2012

Soy-Free Saturdays: The new and improved pesto


Pesto is the second-most used recipe on my site, but I recently realized (much to my chagrin) that the pesto used in the recipe is NOT soy-free.

Nuts.

Not to be deterred, I found a different kind of pesto, and I actually like it better.  And if the rate of consumption is a safe way to measure my family's enjoyment of the dish, it rated pretty high.

Yay!

So, without further ado, here it is*:



I've usually gotten it from Target, but at the writing of this post, I noticed it's actually cheaper to buy it in bulk from Amazon than it was to buy it at the store (assuming, of course, that you actually end up liking it!)

This pesto packet calls for actual parmesan cheese, which I found to be cheapest when bought with the rest of the bagged, shredded cheeses.  It should be noted that some pasta contains soy products, and you would want to check the nutrition label on the box on your own.  Target has their own brand of whole-wheat pasta that only uses one ingredient, wheat, so it would be soy-free.

The final result was my favorite pesto yet!  You can view the original post to get the rest of the details on this dish.

Enjoy!


*Note: Referral link used.
**Disclaimer: These Soy-Free Saturday posts contain only my opinion, and should be used with discretion according to your doctor's assessment of your personal needs.

No comments:

Post a Comment