Wednesday, August 15, 2012

First Day of Our New School!


After a lot of prayer, discussion, thought, and research, we decided to homeschool this year, and life may never be the same.

It was with no small amount of fear and trepidation that I ordered our curriculum for the year, spent hours and hours planning, and began to wade through all the paperwork required in order to have the state's permission to teach my children at home.

As our first day grew closer, I wasn't sure what to expect.  How many times would I cry?  How many things would I forget?  How overwhelmed would I be with the task we had decided to take on?

However.

I continued to come back to the fact that as Dave and I have prayed for our children, we have felt clear leading from the Lord that homeschooling would be best for our kids.  And we have always believed that what He calls us to, He will equip us for.
I can do everything through him who gives me strength. -Philippians 4:13
So, this morning, we got the kids up early and got started on our back-to-school tradition (kept intact from when I was a childhood!) and went out to breakfast.  



It was a great beginning, and the day got better from there.  Though there were a few hiccups, overall, things were learned, fun was had, and lesons were done.



And shortly after lunch, we were finished for the day.  They were thrilled to be done!







It was a fun day.  I made it through the first day of being a homeschool mom!  And now I'm just left to wonder.....when did my boys get to be so big!?

No comments:

Post a Comment