Saturday, December 1, 2012

30 Days of Thanksgiving: Day 30 (Yep, last one, and a day late....)

I'm a little sad to see this series come to an end.  I've really enjoyed being purposeful about finding things to be thankful for.  I also can't believe that after posting on the right day for an entire month, I was late on the last day.

However, I wanted to post something thoughtful, and the only things I could think of to give thanks for yesterday were cold meds and ibuprofen. It was one of those days were nothing quite went right, due in part to not having slept the night before, in part to the fact that it felt like 100 tiny elves were working together with 1,000 tiny hammers to pound my head into pulp, and in part to a few other factors as well.

But I digress.

Today (and yesterday too, had I been able to think with any amount of clarity), I am thankful for the birth of Christ.  We're heading into my favorite season of the year, and even though this is the last post of the series, I have 1,000 more things to be thankful to God for when I think of Christmas.

To think of that miraculous birth, over 2,000 years ago makes me feel humble and small, loved and cared for.  Jesus Christ came down to earth, fully God, fully man.  He was born in a dirty, lowly manger.  The King of all Kings spent his first moments in a place normally reserved for animals.  He came down from heavenly perfection and instead spent time with liars and thieves, adulteresses and hypocrites.

And he did it because of his great, all-consuming love for me.

And for you.

That tiny little baby lived a perfect life, and died a horrific death on the cross, then rose to heaven, where he's preparing a place for all of those who trust in him.

No matter wether Christmas is a season that is easy to find joy in, or one that brings up painful feelings, that tiny baby born to save the world is something to be incredibly thankful for.

The whole story can be found in Luke chapter two, and you can read it by clicking here.

I'm thankful for the reason we have to celebrate Christmas!


Source

No comments:

Post a Comment