Monday, July 19, 2010

Only 8 treatments left!

I can hardly believe I only have 8 treatments left!  EIGHT!  I am so excited, and really looking forward to being done.  Radiation hasn't been too bad overall, but daily appointments are kind of a pain to schedule around, I'm getting more and more tired, and my skin is burning, which really hurts.  My doctor gave me a burn cream for the painful areas, which I'm hoping will help a lot.  And, even better, I only have 3 more of the treatments that radiate the most painful areas!  After that, I just do 5 "bonus" treatments just at the lumpectomy site, so that shouldn't be too bad.  I do keep burning for up to two weeks after I'm done, so it will get worse before it gets better, but even so, it's nice to have just one part of my body in pain, rather than my entire body.  It's pretty uncomfortable, but nothing even CLOSE to how awful chemo was.

Now for the big news....I have enough eyelashes back to wear mascara again!  I had so much fun with that today.  It's been long enough since I've had enough lashes to wear it that I couldn't even find it for a few minutes, but once I did, I had a blast putting it on!  I think the last time mascara was that fun was when I first started wearing it. 

As you can see at the top of the blog, we're having a "Kelli's Kicked Cancer" party on August 6th to celebrate being DONE with cancer.  For those of you in the Des Moines area who are close enough to come, we'd love to have you!  You can click on the link to view the invite.  If you have any trouble viewing the invite, just email me and I'll get you more info.  We hope you'll join us if you can - we're really looking forward to celebrating, and the more the merrier!

No comments:

Post a Comment