Monday, December 6, 2010

health update

I went to my oncologist last Friday, and got a thorough checkup.  Dr. W was very pleased with my health, and kept saying things like "oh, wow, you've made big progress," and "wow, so, so glad you're doing this well so soon" and other such things.  So, between that and the mammogram I had last month, I really seem to be in good shape!  And, Dr. W said she'd be more than happy to write a reference for us for adoption.  So glad!

Also, I ran into my favorite chemo nurse, Trish, and it was so much fun to catch up with her.  She had a few minutes in between patients, and it was great to talk.  It reminded me all over again how much the medical staff I had personally invest in their patients.  I finished chemo on May 21, and she still gives me a hug in December!  I have been so blessed by the wonderful medical staff who I've worked with.

I get my port removed later this week, and am pretty nervous.  That's a big step down from nervous meltdown, which was were I was earlier.  However, I've been thinking about a verse from one of my favorite books of the Bible, 2 Timothy, chapter 1.
 7For God has not given us a spirit of timidity, but of power and love and discipline. 
Also this verse from Joshua 1:
9 Have I not commanded you? Be strong and courageous. Do not be terrified; do not be discouraged, for the LORD your God will be with you wherever you go.” 

I do not like the idea of being sliced open on the table and having my arteries chopped up and sewn back together while I'm awake.  However.  My surgeon is wonderful, and I'll be on drugs, and above all that, God will be with me, right there in the room.  And I'll put my trust in that.

1 comment:

  1. I will be praying for you this week! So glad to hear good report from the doctor! Can you believe 2010 is almost OVER!!! You've had quite a year! Praising God that through it all, He's been so faithful! Love you!

    ReplyDelete