Saturday, January 8, 2011

Smoked Salmon and Artichoke dip

Last night, I decided I was hungry for smoked salmon.  I then remembered that I had cream cheese in the fridge, and the wheels in my mind started turning.  So....here is my new, super-easy recipe for smoked salmon and artichoke dip!

You'll need:
1/2 block cream cheese, softened a little
about 1 tablespoon capers
2 artichoke hearts (or equivalent, if they come in halves or pieces)
2-3 oz smoked salmon pieces

Start with the cream cheese.  If you can stir it with a fork, it's about perfect.

Next, grab your capers (don't they just look delicious?  They are, I tried one).
Mince them, then add to the cream cheese.

For the artichoke hearts, I sliced them thinly lengthwise, then added them to the cream cheese and capers.

Last, the salmon!

I buy the smoked salmon pieces, because I found them to be much cheaper than the whole kind, and you're just going to mash it up anyway.  You can either coarsely chop it, or just pull it apart with your hands and add to your cream cheese mixture.

Mash it all together, and enjoy!  I paired it with stone-ground wheat crackers.  You could also toast thinly sliced french bread and put it on that.

No comments:

Post a Comment