Wednesday, February 23, 2011

I have decided I don't like waiting.

I haven't posted about our progress in adoption lately because there hasn't been any!  We are smack in the middle of the waiting part.  Actually, I only wish I knew if we were in the middle - that woud imply I had an idea when the end of the waiting would be!

I like planning.  I like preparing.  I LOVE knowing all the details. I do NOT like waiting for undetermined amounts of time for the unknowns.  

The thing is, God promises to work everything for our good, but he never promises to work within my timeframes.  Quite the opposite, in fact!  He is far  more concerned with my good and His glory than whether I'm loving the timing.  So, I'm working on patiently waiting on the Lord.  Honestly, I'm not enjoying it (and definitely not very good at it!), but I'm truly hoping to grow from it.  

So, I did a search through the Bible for verses to help me.  As it turns out, there are lots of verses about waiting on the Lord!  I listed a few, and put my favorites in bold.

Psalm 5:2-4:
In the morning, LORD, you hear my voice;
   in the morning I lay my requests before you
   and wait expectantly. 
Psalm 27:13-14I remain confident of this:
   I will see the goodness of the LORD
   in the land of the living.
Wait for the LORD;
   be strong and take heart
   and wait for the LORD.  
Psalm 33:20-21
We wait in hope for the LORD;
   he is our help and our shield.
In him our hearts rejoice,
   for we trust in his holy name. 
Psalm 40:1-3
I waited patiently for the LORD;
   he turned to me and heard my cry.
He lifted me out of the slimy pit,
   out of the mud and mire;
he set my feet on a rock
   and gave me a firm place to stand.
He put a new song in my mouth,
   a hymn of praise to our God.
Many will see and fear the LORD
   and put their trust in him.  
Psalm 130:5I wait for the LORD, my whole being waits,
   and in his word I put my hope. 

Praise the Lord, that He already knows my children, and that I can trust Him to watch over them day and night till them come home.

No comments:

Post a Comment