Thursday, February 17, 2011

Why I love my job.

I love teaching piano.  Partly because it's a great excuse to browse through music, play samples of stuff, and just surround myself with music.  But mostly because I love kids.  And I have such a fantastic group of them!  I look forward to each of them - there's not a single student that I don't truly enjoy!  I feel completely blessed.

Sometimes they melt my heart with "smushed" cookies, or home-made valentines or birthday cards.  Sometimes I just want to cheer (and occasionally do!) when they finally master a new skill or a difficult piece.

And some times they just make me roll with laughter.

Today, I told a little boy that he was almost done with his primer book and would be ready to move on to the next set of books soon, and his whole face lit up.
Him: REALLY? Oh my word.  If I could pass out on command, I would.  Right now.
Me: Why?
Him: I would just fall over backwards if I could, because I'm so surprised.  It seems like I just started piano two weeks ago!
Apparently time flies when you're having fun.

No comments:

Post a Comment