Thursday, February 10, 2011

Quick trip to Kansas City

We've always talked about picking up and going to Kansas City on the spur of the moment.   I don't know why we picked Kansas City, except that there's a sign on the interstate by our house that says Kansas City. At any rate, now that we're getting closer to having kids (woot!), I sort of assumed that would always be more of our inside joke, rather than reality.

So, imagine my surprise when Dave called me over what I thought was his lunch break last Friday.

Dave: "Hi honey....what are you doing?
Kelli: "Making lunch.  What's up?"
Dave: "Want to go to Kansas City for the night?"
Kelli:   :::stunned silence::::
Dave: "You there?"

We packed and left within about 45 minutes, and although the number of things we forgot to pack was at an all-time high, we had a great time.

We stayed in a downtown hotel (which we got an AMAZING deal on!), and walked to a restaurant in the downtown area, Gordon Bierch.

It was so fun to walk around and just spend time together!

The next morning we had breakfast at a little cafe, but I didn't love the coffee there.  So...we walked along until we found a cute little coffee shop!  Their coffee was delicious.

It had all these fancy paper snowflakes hanging up.  It made the space feel all warm and cozy!  I wish I knew how to make some....

After that, we walked back to our hotel, spent some time reading together, then packed up and left.   It was a quick trip, but we had a great time!

It was a great birthday present.  Thanks honey!

No comments:

Post a Comment