Thursday, February 10, 2011

Zumba might be the death of me.

I'm working on getting in my 600 minutes of exercise for the month, and to that end, went to my first Zumba class on Tuesday night. 

It was horrible. 

Well, not exactly horrible.  It was actually a lot of fun, but I couldn't believe how intense it was!  After awhile, I started hoping that every song would be the last, before it caused me to breath my last.  Finally, 60 minutes later, class was over, and I collapsed in the front seat of my car to drive home. 

Then I ate a piece of birthday cheesecake.  That might have been a little counter-productive.  To make matters worse, I ate the cheesecake while watching Biggest Loser, which seems like a show more suited to air-popped popcorn and vegetable snacks.

Getting back to Zumba: Dave got me Zumba for wii, and I tried it out today.  It's a little confusing, but I think I'll figure it out.  However.  With all the moving around and craziness, Yarbo got all excited and thought we were playing.  Never one to turn down a chance to play, he kept getting all of his balls out of his toy bin, and placing them at under my feet.  That my legs are not broken is proof of God's mercy.

Anyway, I've gotten a little over 150 minutes of exercise in so far this month.  I'm slightly behind schedule, but am pretty happy with where I'm at.  We're supposed to be getting temperatures in the 40's this weekend, so I'll be taking Yarbo out for some long walks.  

Did any of you set goals for the month of February? If so, I'd love to hear about them!

2 comments:

  1. Maybe each Zumba minute should count for 2!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great job, I've heard Zumba is intense!!

    ReplyDelete