Monday, January 31, 2011

February Goals

January Goals didn't go quite as planned, but I'm excited to set goals for February! As a reminder, my rules for setting goals is that they must be doable, measurable, specific, and no more than a month at a time.

I still want to work on getting more exercise in, but this month might be a little bit different in terms of what that looks like.  I think I will be moving towards working out harder on some days (for example, the days when I have Zumba!), and having some days where I don't want to work out (for example, the day after Zumba!).  

So this month, instead of having a number of days I want to exercise, I want to set a goal for the number of minutes I'll exercise over the month of February.  

I want to average 30 minutes a day, 5 days a week.  Since there's a perfect 4 weeks in February, then that makes the equation easy:  30 minutes x 5 days a week x 4 weeks = 600 minutes.

Since exercising is starting to become a little easier to remember in my routine, I want to add one more goal for February.  A few weeks ago, I said that I was trying to be more organized in my Bible reading, as well as more consistent.  I chose the Shirkers and Slackers plan, which turned out to be exactly for me, because I've already done some shirking, as well as some slacking.  However, February is a new month, and I'd like to get at least 20 days of Bible reading in.  Hopefully more than that, but 20 is the official goal.

So, to recap, my February goals are to exercise 600 minutes and follow my Bible reading plan at least 20 days out of the month.

If you're setting any goals for the month, I'd love to hear about them!

No comments:

Post a Comment