Tuesday, June 14, 2011

Dear May Goals,

I didn't forget about you.  I, um, just didn't have time for you.  At least not all of you.  It's nothing personal, I just had more fun things to do last month.

Love,
Kelli



May Goals:
I really didn't completely forget about my May goals.  But they weren't exactly top priority.  I did get some organizing done.  In fact, I turned my overflowing, embarrassing mess of a hall closet into a sorted, organized linen/supply closet.  It's SO nice to know what I have, what I could use more of, and know exactly where to look when I need something.  Hooray for organizing!

Food planning continues to not be my favorite, but I'm finding ways to make it my own, and I expect it to make a comeback.

I need to be more consistent in finding personal time to read my Bible on my own.  I love reading Bible stories to Isaac, but I don't think that's quite the same as reading the Bible and having time to think about what I'm reading.

And reviving my housekeeping system?  Well, it's not dead anymore, but I don't know if I would exactly say it's been completely revived.  Somehow, my house seems to get messy SO much faster now (smile).  However, I do have a pretty good idea of what I need to get done each day to keep the house in respectable shape, and I've also been finding ways to improvise when possible as well.  For example, Tuesdays I clean the bathrooms.  I didn't have time today to get to it, but I at least got Isaac's bathroom cleaned while he was in the bathtub (well, except for the bathtub, which was actually in pretty good shape anyway).

Exercise may have to be measured differently.  At this point, it's too hard to get miles in all the time.  I'm not saying it's impossible, just that it's not my top priority right now.  However, we have found lots of active things to do -mostly involving playing in the backyard, walking around at the zoo, and lifting up a 42 pound boy.  I do want to improve and make better goals, but I need to figure out what I want that to look like.

June Goals:
It's pretty simple this month (since, after all, we're half way through the month)
  • Read my Bible
  • Play with Isaac
  • Remember to make goals for July
Wish me luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment