The good food that he's liking:
- "Cheesy-ranch stuff" (really steamed cauliflower with a little low-fat cheese and a little ranch flavoring, blended to the consistency of mashed potatoes)
- Whole wheat bread
- "Healthy Ranch Dip" - greek yogurt with ranch flavoring
- Homemade Yogurt
- Smoothies for breakfast (just healthy yogurt, strawberries, and bananas!)
- Toast with butter, peanut butter, cinnamon, and strawberry jelly. I could take 2 or so of those, but the whole combo kind of weirds me out somehow.
- McDonalds - the whole menu.
I don't think I had ever had bologna in my entire life, but he has been telling me how much he loves bologna and cheese sandwiches for weeks, so I finally caved and bought some of the vile stuff for him. Believe me, it will not be a staple in this house.
Aside from the questionable nature of the ingredients (why in the WORLD is it so....rubbery?), I thought maybe it was one of those foods you know is awful in theory, but actually tastes amazing, so in an attempt to be open-minded, I thought I would try a bite.
I almost threw up on the spot.
Now I know why we didn't have bologna growing up; it's because it's incredibly gross. Thanks, Mom, for not making me eat bologna growing up.
But, despite the grossness of the mystery meat they call bologna, Isaac sat there eating his lunch, as happy as a clam. So....maybe, every once in a LONG while, we will get that weird stuff to put on our sandwiches. But the next time will probably be at least into 2012, because I just don't know if I can handle it any sooner than that.