Wednesday, July 13, 2011

Adoption Week: Wii night

Yesterday, we celebrated Adoption Week with lots of little activities, then ended the day with Wii night.  It's funny how the smallest things mean so much to him - he told me that so far, all 3 of us playing Mario Cart was his favorite Adoption Week activity.  
We made a door hanger with his new name, and he decorated it with foam stickers.  


It was fun to have a simple activity, and another chance to practice his name.


We had a sticker that didn't fit on the front, so it went on the back, and we practiced his new initials! 


This had nothing to do with adoption, but it was fun to do together (lots of good clearance items from Target lately!).  I know there are people who read this blog that have mad art skills, and I think this shows that I'm not among them, but we had fun anyway. :)  For anyone having trouble figuring this one out, it's a dinosaur, with a volcano in the background.  The stuff that looks like fireworks is supposed to be lava....I'm sure there would have been a better way to do that, but I couldn't think of anything.  Good thing Isaac has a big imagination! 


For dinner, we had roasted chicken, corn, and heart-shaped rosemary-mozzarella biscuits.  We made them hearts, because our hearts are full of happiness with the blessings God has given us as a family.

I know, a little cheesy (no pun intended....).  

But pretty delicious.

After dinner, Wii night commenced, and we had a blast.  Now, I'm not normally one to brag about my Wii skills, primarily because they are virtually non-existent.  

However.

Last night, I (aka Donkey Kong) beat Dave (Baby Mario) at Mario Cart for the first time EVER, and I am disproportionately proud of myself.


And because it sounds unbelievable even to my own ears, I submit this photo as evidence.  It likely will never happen again, so this is my moment in Mario Cart history.

Isaac was Toad (um, at the bottom), but he is actually getting much better on the Wii - he is usually going in the right direction on the track, and has a blast.

It's been fun celebrating Adoption Week, and creating all these family memories to treasure.

I can hardly wait for tonight's activity - it's a surprise for him, and I think he's going to love it, hopefully at least half as much as I do!

No comments:

Post a Comment