Tuesday, August 16, 2011

4 years, 9 months, 2 weeks, and a day

I am not ready for Isaac to go back to school tomorrow.  Not even a little.  And, while I do feel a little bit better knowing where his classroom is, and who his teacher will be, I'm just not ready to let him go.

It still feels like he just came into my life.

And yet, most people I know are all excited that back to school time is here, but it honestly just kind of makes me a little sad.  And I think I finally realized why:

Most people get 5 years with their kids before they even have to think about sending them to school.  I've only had him for 2 months, 2 weeks, and 6 days, and I kind of wish I could have the rest of my five years with him!

He, however, is very excited to start 1st grade tomorrow.  Last night, before going to his back to school night, he kept running laps around our downstairs, yelling out one word with each lap:
I'M......
SO.....
EXCITED.....
TO.....
START.....
SCHOOL!!!!!!!!!!

He probably won't even remember to miss me (never fear, I'll miss him enough for both of us!).

No comments:

Post a Comment