Thursday, August 25, 2011

A moment to remember

I don't think I could ever get tired of hearing Isaac tell me that he loves me, or of him putting his arms around my neck and kissing my cheek.  But sometimes he goes the extra mile to melt my heart, like the other night, when I was giving him a bedtime hug.

"Isaac, I love you, and I'm glad you're my boy," I said.

He wrapped his arms tightly around my neck, and replied, "Kelli, I love you too, and I'm glad you're my mom." 

Someday, I full expect Isaac to go through a stage where he consistently makes me crazy.  Whether it's the teenage years, or the pre-teen years, or some other time, I'm just guessing it will happen (it would only be fair and right, after what I put my parents through during my teen years!).  And when those days come, when I find myself frustrated, I want to look back, and remember moments like these.

No comments:

Post a Comment