Monday, September 19, 2011

Better together

I teach piano several days a week, so sometimes Dave gets the boys from school and hangs out with them during that time.  One day last week, I walked into the kitchen from the front room I teach in to find this:



And this:



Dave had taken the boys to Costco, and they decided they wanted to get me flowers, but couldn't decide on one bouquet, so Dave let them each pick out one to give to me (having boys is working out very well for me!).  

As I was trying to figure out how to best display them so that they were each equally shown off and appreciated, I settled on a solution:



And I decided that they looked better together.  Like they just belonged together.  Each bouquet had it's own distinct beauty, but together, they were stunning.  And over the course of the past week, it's been a lovely reminder of my two boys: each of them wonderful and incredible on their own, but when they're together, one can see that they are brothers brought together by God himself.  And that is beautiful to this mama's heart.

No comments:

Post a Comment