Sunday, January 1, 2012

It's a new....month!

I know, I know...you thought this was going to be about the fact that it's also a new year.  Which is also true, but not what this post is about.  I'm not really into New Year's resolutions - partly because if you mess them up, you have to wait for the rest of the year to be over before getting another chance to plan and feel successful, and partly for other slightly similar reasons.

At any rate.

Monthly goals seemed to work much better for me in the past, because it was 30(ish) days to work on a goal, which was short enough to feel achievable, and long enough to work at building habits.

I do have some things that I want to improve on, and posting them publicly to The Internet seems to help hold me accountable.  Probably in part because I hate the thought of having to admit I failed to The Internet.

All this to say, that I'm getting back to my monthly goals.  And I'm kind of excited.


Here they are for January:
  1. Read my Bible at least 25 days
  2. Exercise at least 10 days (wimpy, I know, but gotta start somewhere!)
  3. Meal plan for 1 week
  4. Prepare at least 2 freezer meals 
  5. Organize one area/problem spot
I'm kind of excited about getting back into my goals.  I love feeling like I accomplished something, as well as being more intentional with my time.  On one hand, when I had kids, I didn't feel like I had time to be doing this kind of stuff, but really, I need goals and organization now even more than I did before.  

I'd love to hear from anybody who is working on goals as well - whether they're weekly, monthly, or for all of 2012.  We could encourage each other and cheer each other on!

No comments:

Post a Comment