Friday, January 27, 2012

They're a little TOO good at math.

The other day, we were talking around the dinner table, and somehow the subject of my birthday came up.  I'm kind of on the fence about the topic; on one hand, I do love getting a piece of guilt-free cheesecake, and I LOVE the free cup of caribou, but on the other hand, it's kind of a big birthday, and I'm feeling a bit old (and slightly sensitive).

So, out of respect to my ..... sensitivities.....when the kids asked how old I'd be (seriously, there has to be a better way to phrase that!), Dave kindly told them it was my 29.2 birthday.

Unfortunately, they have not yet learned about decimal points in school yet, and they started working on the math.  Out loud.
"29 years..." one started, "plus 2 more," chimed in the other one.  "Equals...."
They are really getting good at addition.

Don't get me wrong.  I do love that they are starting to get really good at math.  But the whole "29, version 2.0" thing really backfired, because they now think I'm going to be....well, you know.  You can do the math.

Sigh.

No comments:

Post a Comment