Wednesday, February 29, 2012

I'm back.

People said that life would get busy with kids.  And boy, were they right.  Over the last couple of months, we have been moving at a speed that still kind of makes me tired if I think about it too much.  There has been so.much.stuff. going on.

We have had some tough days of parenting.   Days like that are inevitable, but it has been a little draining to be at a loss for the "right" answer so often.  More often than I'd like to admit, I've wondered if I really have what it takes to do this whole "parenting" thing.  Then I hear God's voice in my heart, saying, "I called you to this, and I'll carry you through it."

But one thing is sure; that "this too shall pass."  We knew that when we followed God's call to adoption through the social system, we would have kids who would have tough days.  Even tough weeks.  Or months.

But even if we'd had our kids since birth, I think the same thing would be true.  I'm fairly certain that I had years of being quite a dilemma to my poor parents.  The only difference between me, and my parents, is that they had all the answers (seriously.  It was so frustrating as a kid to have parents who really did know everything.  How did they do that?  And why wasn't that gene passed on to me??)

And yet in the middle of what has honestly been some tough times, there have been really sweet times too.  And I've missed blogging.  So, I'm back.  I'll share the tough times with Thing 1 and Thing 2, as well as all the fun stories that I've missed sharing. Because my kids can be hilarious.

Here's a recent family photo:

And a slightly more realistic picture:

I'm not actually sure which photo I like better. The first was supposed to be our "nice" picture, but the bottom one feels more real.  We don't really look put together, but that's how life is -goofy, funny, and unposed.  And that makes the photo a "framer" in my book.

I'm excited to get back to blogging more regularly.  And I have some ideas for a couple of new series coming up that will keep me more on schedule.  One is going to be on health (specifically about soy), and one is still in the works about interacting with people who have adopted.

Stay tuned!

No comments:

Post a Comment