Wednesday, May 23, 2012

School is out, Summer is here!

Today was the last day of school.  I can hardly believe it!  The time has just flown by.  It feels a bit strange to think that I now have a 2nd grader and a 3rd grader, and nobody ever even checked to see if I was prepared for such things (which, I assure you, I am not).

But, here they are anyway, and we're all excited for summer!  To celebrate the last day of school and the end of a year filled with lots of hard work, we took subs and cookies to the park and had a picnic.


Me and my new 2nd grader 
My new 3rd grader and me
 
My favorite boys. 

 After dinner, it was such a beautiful night out, that we went for a hike, which at nearly two hours, lasted considerably longer than we thought. 

It felt great to be outside of our normal Wednesday night "routine."  The boys had a blast running up and down the paths, "exploring" to see what was around the curves and reporting back to us!  



They had a great time throwing rocks in the river, looking at animal prints, playing with sticks, getting filthy, and just being happy, fun-loving boys.  



It was such a fun way to kick off the summer!

No comments:

Post a Comment