Tuesday, September 18, 2012

Sneaky sneaky

We pray for family members using a pretty high-tech system.  It involves putting people's names into cups, and drawing them out, two at a time...Ok, not high-tech, but it works.  We started off doing our immediate family, including the kid's aunts, uncles, and grandparents, and today I started working on expanding it to Dave's and my extended family (so, beware, family, you are being prayed for!).

Andy saw me typing out all the names for the families, and said, "Wow, Mom, that's a LOT of people, and a LOT of kids."

And then he startled me by adding, "And it won't be long before you can add my kids too!"

Woah, wait, hold up.

I quickly told him that it would be at least 40 years, because he can start dating when he's 45, then he'll have to get married before the kids come.

He laughed, and said, "MOM.  I think 45 is a little too old.  May I please date when I'm 22?" So polite and everything! Warmed my heart.

I counter-offered.

"How about when you're 25?"

"Deal."

I will print this blog post immediately, to be pulled out during his teenage years.  Goodbye sleepless nights during high school (verbal contracts made by a 9 year old are bonding, right?)!

No comments:

Post a Comment