Sunday, October 28, 2012

Longest days, shortest years...

Is it really close to the end of October? 

That's what the calendar is telling me.  I've heard that parenting years are full of the longest days, and the shortest years, and I'm here to say that I'm feeling that a lot lately.

There are days where I look forward to bedtime, and wonder if I'll make it.  Then, when those little angels (ahem) are asleep, I'll glace at the calendar, and wonder who pushed the fast forward button on life, and how it's almost November. 

I've been thinking about a few different series, and am hoping to get back to blogging more regularly again.  But the last month or so has been extremely full with one of my top priorities: parenting my beautiful, challenging, wonderful, exhausting children.

There have been many giggles, and tears as well.  But that's for another post.  In the meantime, here is a photo of our little family at a local Halloween event.  It was freezing, and you can't see Isaac's costume very well under Dave's coat (he's a surgeon), but we had a great time.



Even on those long days, I love being a Mama. 

2 comments:

  1. Today was an insanely long day and we only had the toddlers. At one point I yelled at them, "So this is what Daddy feels like when you're this obnoxious!" And then I felt guilty. Until Arielle said, "I not obnoxious, Mommy. I cute!" Which makes me think she knows EXACTLY what she's doing! Grrrrr!

    ReplyDelete