Wednesday, July 24, 2013

Poppyseeds to Pineapples


We're having a boy this September, and I still can hardly believe it.  We had really become comfortable that we would adopt all our children, and were happy with the plan we thought we understood.  It's been an amazing blessing to add another child to our family, though compared to how quickly we had our first two, the wait is seeming rather long.

One way we've been processing through the growth with the boys is with an app on my phone that compares Peanut's size to a fruit based on the week, and we learn about his development.  He started out the size of a poppyseed.  We told the boys around the time he was the size of a grape, and they've eagerly followed his progress with help from the produce department.

I have really seen them gain new understanding of life as God sees it through this process - as they learn more about their baby brother, it has really cemented the truth that the baby is living and breathing and real - and that he is made in the image of God, to be protected and provided for, from the time he was the size of a poppyseed.  They have started to value life in a way that touches my heart, and I'm certain pleases the heart of God.

It has been a joy to share this pregnancy with our family - both the boys and Dave have been able to feel kicks and punches (there have been plenty to feel!), and as he has grown to the size of lemons, apples, and mangoes, we've just fallen in love with him.

Currently, he is approximately the size of a pineapple, and is growing like crazy.  He is healthy and active, and I can hardly wait to meet him and hold him in my arms!

Peanut at 20 weeks


For you created my inmost being;
you knit me together in my mother’s womb.
I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made;
your works are wonderful,
I know that full well.
Psalm 139:13-14

No comments:

Post a Comment