Friday, October 29, 2010

Mosaics on my screensaver

I found this really cool feature on my computer in the screen saver options. It takes all the pictures on your computer and makes a moving mosaic of them, which eventually turns into another picture from your computer.  It's kind of...mesmerizing.  It's hard to explain, but I took a video of one of the mosaics with my camera so you could see for yourself:



While being mesmerized, I've also been thinking a lot.  Sometimes it's so easy to focus on one "picture" in our lives.  It's easy to get stuck on the unpleasantness of a particular image, while forgetting the larger picture.  In the video, you can see several pictures of me when my hair had just started growing back, but as those photos grow smaller, the end image takes shape and becomes more clear.

Even though the mosaic contains pictures of my struggle with cancer, and photos of needles used for painful injections, and lots of other things, when it's fit in with all the rest of the photos, it's a beautiful flower. Sometimes God allows hard and painful things in our lives, but the truth is that He always knows just how to fit those things in our lives in order to make something beautiful.  Sometimes we don't get to see that view right away - sometimes, we may not see how all the pieces fit together until we reach heaven and see Him face to face, but we can have peace knowing that he works everything for our good and for His glory.


Romans 8:28 (NIV) 
And we know that in all things God works for the good of those who love him, who have been called according to his purpose.

So, right now, my computer screen saver has become a pretty reminder to keep the bigger picture in mind!

1 comment: