Tuesday, December 7, 2010

Sounds of Christmas: A freebie for history lovers!

We've established that I love Christmas music. I also enjoy knowing the stories behind the songs we sing. I found a new book on Amazon that you can currently download for free (note, please check the price before downloading as they can change anytime!), called Stories Behind the Best-Loved Songs of Christmas [Kindle Edition]



If you're like me and don't have a Kindle, you can download a free app to read the book by clicking here.

Here's an excerpt from the book:


The rest of the story about Joy to the World is really good, and one that I hadn't heard all of before!

For more free Kindle Christmas books, you can click here.  

I think it would be fun to pick one a day to read.  Of course, that means there would either be some left over for next year, or there would be days where I could read two or three and no one would have to know.  Either way I think it will be fun!

*To read all the posts in this series, click here

No comments:

Post a Comment