Tuesday, March 15, 2011

The phone makes me jump now.

I realized tonight that I've started getting jumpy whenever our home phone rings.  We don't use our home phone all that often anymore, but since we're hoping for The Call telling us that we can figure out who are kids are, every time the phone rings, I jump up and grab it with my heart in my throat.

Sometimes it's more disappointing than others, like tonight, when the caller ID came up as Anonymous (which is often the case when a social worker or someone like that calls).  And even though it was after business hours and highly unlikely to be The Call, I still got jumpy, and breathlessly answered, "Hello??"

It was some guy calling about the next presidential campaign, for a candidate whose name I didn't recognize.

Sigh.  Definitely not The Call.

No comments:

Post a Comment