Friday, April 15, 2011

40 miles is a long way to go.

One of my April goals is to get in 40 miles of walking/running.  Most months, I've given my exercise goals some thought (600 minutes in February meant I had to average 30 minutes, 5 days a week, which seemed doable). To be honest, I didn't really think much about the "doability" of my goal this month.  I just picked what seemed like nice round number out of the air.

oops.

Forty miles is actually pretty far, I'm finding out.  We're at the half-way mark in the month today, and I've gotten 16 miles in.  To put that into perspective, I had to really work to get 700 minutes into 31 days last month.  I've currently done 421 minutes this month, which, at that pace, would equal 842 minutes of exercise in April, and yet I still need to pick up the pace to get all my miles in.

So if I seem a little tired....well, you'll know why.

Last night, I was really tired from all the running and walking, and I made some un-ladylike groaning sort of sounds.  I sighed, turned to Dave, and told him I felt like a 90 year old man.

He looked at me, and with a grin, said, "Well, on the plus side, at least you don't look like a 90 year old man."

He always knows just how to cheer me up.

No comments:

Post a Comment