Saturday, March 24, 2012

Soy-Free Saturdays: Crackers!


I like crackers.  So do my family.  In fact, I think the boys could snack all day long if I let them. However, upon inspection, I found that most of the regular crackers we had been eating were made with soy oils.  

Nuts.

I kept looking, though, and found that Annie's Bunnies* are not made with soy oils at all, plus most of the varieties are made with whole wheat too!  

Score.


They have some kind of party blend or something that contains soy, and I think there might be one of their varieties that does contain soy (maybe the pizza kind?  I think we only got it once), but the kind we most often buy - white cheddar, cheddar, honey-graham, and whole-wheat, are absolutely delicious, and soy-free. 

They do have a warning on the label that states it's made on equipement shared with soy, but since I'm not allergic to soy, but rather am avoiding ingredients and soy nutrients, then I'm fine with that (perhaps I'll learn differently later, but I feel like those kind of warnings are slapped on everything for liability reasons these days!)

And, as a side note, I do think they're a relatively healthy snack cracker, but not only are they healthy, they go over well with my kids.  Isaac used to ask for goldfish crackers all the time, but since we discovered the bunnies, I haven't gotten a single request for them.  He still asks for bologna a lot, but maybe I'll someday discover a really great lunch meat that makes him forget all about it.  I like to dream...
Side note:  In the post linked above, I stated that the next time we got it would probably be in 2012....and I just got him some this past week.  He's happy as a clam once again! 

I'm now way off topic.  

Anyway, I'm certain you can find these elsewhere, but I buy these from Target, and you can also buy Annie's Bunnies* from Amazon. 

Happy snacking!


*Note: referral link used.  You can also search for them on your own. 
**Disclaimer: These Soy-Free Saturday posts contain only my opinion, and should be used with discretion according to your doctor's assessment of your personal needs.  

No comments:

Post a Comment