Monday, May 28, 2012

A whole year.

As I was on the back porch this morning, reading and getting ready for the day, it occurred to me that last Memorial Day was a Very Good Day.  It was the day that Isaac came home to stay.  It was an incredible and exhausting and wonderful, emotional weekend.

And a year later, with two boys (!), this weekend is still all of that.  Isaac has grown in our hearts in a way I was not prepared for, and I wouldn't trade this last year for anything in the world.

Isaac, I'm so glad you're our boy!

Memorial Day weekend 2011 


Aside from the joy of bringing Isaac home, I'm very thankful for all of the brave people who have served our country.  As the saying goes - all gave some, and some gave all.  And I'm thankful.

Happy Memorial Day everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment