Sunday, July 15, 2012

One whole year as a Schoney.


One year ago today, I was in a courthouse, standing before a judge, promising to do my best to be a good mother.

It's hard to believe it's already been a year, and yet in other ways, it's hard to believe it's only been a year. Life has changed so much!

In the last year, Isaac has grown and changed at an incredible rate.  I can think of a million ways to brag about him, but my favorite is the way his heart is tender toward the things of God.  We have always made it clear that our love is unconditional regardless of our kid's choices in this area, but Isaac has shown such a hunger to learn what God has to say about life.  He is quick to learn about the Bible, and I love how he is "storing up his treasures in heaven," even at such a young age.

A few of my favorite posts about the day:
Isaac's Adoption Day Video
Adoption Day: The Details
Your Honor (a short video in which Isaac up-stages the lawyer!)
Last year, July 15th was a life-altering day.  And I'd do it all over again.  We love you Isaac!

No comments:

Post a Comment