Monday, June 20, 2011

It's a DATE!!

We found out a few weeks ago that there was a chance that the judge on our case would waive part of the 180 day waiting period so we could adopt Isaac sooner, since everything is going so well (normally, it is a 6 month wait between full-time placement and finalization of the adoption).

The primary reason for this is that Dave's parents live in Canada, and will be visiting this summer, so doing it earlier will allow them to be there for the big day as well.

We are SO excited that we NOW HAVE A DATE!  And it's not 6 months away.  It's not even 4 months away.  It's less than 4 WEEKS away!

July 15th will be the day that Isaac officially takes on our last name, and becomes part of our family in every legal way.  

There are not enough exclamation points or all-caps words I could write to express to you how excited I am.  I tear up every time I think about it, and do a happy-dance, all at once!

We had an appointment with a lawyer last week, and Isaac went with us.  I wasn't sure how much of all the legal stuff he would understand, and didn't want him to question whether he was really part of our family prior to his official adoption, so I kind of dodged his questions for a little while while we were getting ready to go.

Finally, he wanted to know if we were going to go talk to a judge, and I realized maybe he knew more about this process than I thought, so I said, "Well, actually, we're going to talk to a lawyer to get ready to go to the judge and ask for you to be ours forever legally."

"YAHOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!"

His happy shouts were only topped by his bouncing all over his room the rest of the time we were getting ready.

I guess we're all pretty excited.

No comments:

Post a Comment